What is Evmos?
Evmos is a scalable, high-throughput Proof-of-Stake blockchain that is fully compatible and interoperable with Ethereum. It’s built using the Cosmos SDK (opens new window) which runs on top of Tendermint Core (opens new window)consensus engine.
Evmos leverages the Cosmos SDK serves as the first IBC-compatible EVM-based chain, bringing composability, interoperability, and fast finality to Ethereum.
Evmos airdrop (Rektdrop)
The most interesting feature of this launch is the distribution of their Evmos token. As opposed to a more traditional token distribution at genesis involving pre-sales (which might cause issues for decentralization of token holdings), 50% of Evmos token supply will be distributed through an immense airdrop (Rektdrop).
- Go to Kepler wallet
- Go to Osmosis chain
- Select IBC transfer
- Add IBC channel, destination chain Evmos (Beta) and Channel ID channel-204
- Select the channel
- Then send a fraction of an OSMOS to your own Evmos (Beta) address
Make sure you select Evmos (Beta) not Evmos, and select channel-204 not just 204
You will receive your EVMOS and then you could stake them on:
How to stake EVMOS
Features of Evmos?
Here’s a glance at some of the key features of Evmos:
- Web3 and EVM compatibility
- High throughput via Tendermint Core(opens new window)
- Horizontal scalability via IBC(opens new window)
- Fast transaction finality
Evmos enables these key features by:
- Implementing Tendermint Core’s Application Blockchain Interface (ABCI (opens new window)) to manage the blockchain
- Leveraging modules (opens new window)and other mechanisms implemented by the Cosmos SDK (opens new window).
[geth](opens new window) (https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum)as a library to promote code reuse and improve maintainability.
- Exposing a fully compatible Web3 JSON-RPC layer for interacting with existing Ethereum clients and tooling (Metamask, Remix, Truffle, etc).